It’s not too late to add a little more spice to your Fall! Before pumpkin spice season officially comes to an end, we wanted to share these delicious Pumpkin Spice Macaroons with you featuring Honey Mama’s Ginger Cardamom and Bob’s Red Mill’s Hazelnut Flour. They’re grain free, dairy free, and absolutely delicious (seriously – we hardly had enough left to photograph for this recipe!) Enjoy ❤️
Pumpkin Spice Macaroons
Recipe by Ivy Entrekin
½ cup packed Medjool dates, pits removed
½ cup Bob’s Red Mill Hazelnut Flour
¼ cup coconut butter, melted
¼ cup maple syrup
2 T. canned pumpkin puree
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. ground cardamom
½ tsp. ground ginger
¼ tsp. allspice
¼ tsp. Himalayan pink salt
1 ½ cups Bob’s Red Mill Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
1 Honey Mama’s Ginger Cardamom bar, chopped into small pieces (about the size of mini chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 325 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pulse dates and hazelnut flour in a food processor until dates are broken into small bits. Set aside.
- Place melted coconut butter, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Add spices and salt, and stir again. Toss in date/hazelnut flour mixture and Honey Mama’s pieces. At this point the mixture will be fairly sticky, so you can use your (clean!) hands to make sure all of the ingredients are fully combined.
- Divide the mixture into 8 portions and roll into balls. Arrange the balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and place in the oven for 20 minutes. You could also make smaller macaroons—about 16 or so—but watch them closely so that they don’t burn.
- Let macaroons cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then move them to a wire cooling rack.
Store in an air-tight container at room temperature.
Yield: 8 large or 16 small macaroons.