We are always looking to hire new faces at Honey Mama’s! If you are interested in joining our team, please see open positions below and apply at the bottom. Please DO NOT call the office.
Join Our Shipping Team!
Job Title: Shipping Manager
Reports To: Director of Manufacturing
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Overview: This position functions within the daily shipping and logistical operations. You will lead a team to ensure complete orders are built, shipped, and delivered in adherence to appropriate deadlines. A successful shipping manager is analytical, well-organized, and excels in communication, both vertically and laterally. The person in this role must be comfortable with paperwork and information systems, and have a thorough understanding of shipping and receiving procedures. The goal is to ensure that the shipping department runs smoothly, effectively, and within the parameters set forth by the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management and maintenance of shipping-related documents such as advanced shippig notices, bills of lading, pick slips, invoices, etc.
- Use of necessary software to ship, track, check, prioritize, and route orders.
- Inspection of labels, barcodes, lot codes, and other features of completed orders to ensure necessary traceability efforts set forth by our SQF Level 2 Certification.
- Generation of accurate invoices for any and all shipments in accordance with the company’s standards to ensure compliance to legal regulations and company policies.
- Communication with other managers outside of the shipping department to ensure coordination of other functions such as production, inventory management, and quality assurance.
- Resolution of issues regarding shipped orders and maintenance of excellent customer service in alignment with Honey Mama’s bran.
- Forwarded PO’s to necessary personnel to assist with inventory management and scheduling needs.
- Organization and oversight of entire shipping department from personnel to physical warehouse space.
- Thorough understanding of Honey Mama’s budgeting, invoicing, and reporting protocol
- Foundational knowledge of necessary logistical procedures
- Clear and focused attention to minute details
- Ability to efficiently and effectively problem solve
- Punctual, regular and predictable attendance
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to work effectively with others, inside and outside of the company
- Experience in directing and evaluating subordinates
- Flexibility and ability to effectively multi-task
- Respect and adherence to professional hierarchy set forth by upper management
Qualifications: Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and proofread standard business documents in English. Ability to speak and listen effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Computer Skills: Job requires specialized computer skills. Must be adept at using various applications including database, spreadsheet, report writing, word processing, presentation creation/editing, communicate by e-mail and use scheduling software.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of detailed instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Ability to address and resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision, Distance vision and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Join Our Production Team!
Job Title: Honey Mama’s Production Team Packager
Department: Production & Food Manufacturing
Reports To: Packaging Lead & Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Target wage with production incentive: $13.25 per hour
Base wage: $12.50 per hour
Overview: Honey Mama’s is a young, Portland-based natural food company that makes and sells refrigerated, raw honey chocolate that both stimulates well-being and is out-of-this-world delicious! We’re grounded in a commitment to creating delightfully nourishing products. Nourish~Delight is the essence of all we do and the core of our production approach. Job Summary:
As a Packager, you will be part of the Honey Mama’s production team that “gift wraps” Honey Mama’s raw honey chocolate bars, with intentionality, efficiency, and impeccability. This position works closely with other packaging team members to wrap, case, and seal the “bee’s knees” of chocolate treats.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Have knowledge of safety and hygiene standards.
- Ability to work on your feet for 8 hours, frequent wrist twists, and occasionally lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to continuously work with your hands at a rapid pace for the entirety of your shift.
- Production experience in a food manufacturing environment is beneficial but not required.
- You bring a positive attitude and enthusiasm and the ability to follow precise instruction to the workplace. Seeking a good communicator that is highly attentive to details.
- Enjoy physical work, working with your hands, and mastering repetitive tasks.
- Paid breaks & lunch
- Health/Dental Benefits
- Money & Treat Incentives when weekly goals are met
- Monthly all-company lunches & get-togethers, all-company parties every few months
- Listen to music while working
- Ping Pong in the break area
- Consistent regular business hours (9am-5pm, Mon-Fri), weekends off
- Open communication across departments & with supervisors
- Reviews at 30-days, 90-days, 6-months, 1 year
- Working on a team of diverse (ages, backgrounds, personalities) friendly people