We are always looking to hire new faces at Honey Mama’s! If you are interested in joining our team, please see open positions below and apply at the bottom. Please DO NOT call the office.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Office Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Physical Strength: Light
Prepared Date: October 2019
Overview: This position is responsible for providing various types of general administrative support to all departments, but with a direct focus on customer service. This position will work closely with the Office Manager to ensure that all office functions operate efficiently. This position maintains office operations by receiving and distributing communications; maintaining supplies; receiving guests; serving customers, both onsite and online.
Mission Statement: Honey Mama’s mission is to offer body-loving, heart-healthy foods that naturally stimulate well-being and are out of this world delicious. We strive to create relationships internally and with all of our suppliers and customers that circulate joy, gentleness and reverence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned; see below under job duties)
- Manages general office tasks and projects on a daily and weekly basis, including facility admittance, mail distribution and supply inventory, with a high degree of accuracy and skills.
- Serves as administrative support to multiple departments and senior leadership team, assists with QA and manufacturing department projects as requested.
- Fields and assists with sales and customer service inquiries by phone and email, passes on information and requests to other team members as applicable.
- Manages front reception area; greets and registers visitors; ensures all guests are directed to the appropriate member of the management staff.
- Creates processes for customer service protocols and standards, seeking feedback and approval from senior leadership.
- Monitors and maintains office supply inventory and places orders as necessary.
- Composes email correspondence.
- Answers incoming phone calls and routes them in a professional manner.
- Processes out-going mail and opening, sorting and distributing incoming mail; this also includes delivering mail to the mailbox or post office in the afternoons.
- Demonstrates punctual and regular attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation. Exhibits friendly and professional manner in interactions with customers and employees.
- Displays excellent communication talents including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with team and clients. This includes the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population of customers and team members, as well as remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Respectfully takes direction from manager.
- Creates a warm, welcoming and inviting office environment. Keeps the office clean and tidy – opens and closes office on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and proofread standard business documents in English. Ability to speak and listen effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Computer Skills: This job requires specialized computer skills. Must be adept at using various applications including database, spreadsheet, report writing, word processing, presentation creation/editing, communicate by e-mail and use scheduling software.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of detailed instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Ability to address and resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: No certificates, licenses or registrations are required for this position.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Full-time Production Team Packager
Job Title: Honey Mama’s Production Team Packager
Department: Production & Food Manufacturing
Reports To: Packaging Lead & Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Target wage with production incentive: $13.25 per hour
Base wage: $12.50 per hour
Overview: Honey Mama’s is a young, Portland-based natural food company that makes and sells refrigerated, raw honey chocolate that both stimulates well-being and is out-of-this-world delicious! We’re grounded in a commitment to creating delightfully nourishing products. Nourish~Delight is the essence of all we do and the core of our production approach. Job Summary:
As a Packager, you will be part of the Honey Mama’s production team that “gift wraps” Honey Mama’s raw honey chocolate bars, with intentionality, efficiency, and impeccability. This position works closely with other packaging team members to wrap, case, and seal the “bee’s knees” of chocolate treats.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Have knowledge of safety and hygiene standards.
- Ability to work on your feet for 8 hours, frequent wrist twists, and occasionally lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to continuously work with your hands at a rapid pace for the entirety of your shift.
- Production experience in a food manufacturing environment is beneficial but not required.
- You bring a positive attitude and enthusiasm and the ability to follow precise instruction to the workplace. Seeking a good communicator that is highly attentive to details.
- Enjoy physical work, working with your hands, and mastering repetitive tasks.
- Paid breaks & lunch
- Health/Dental Benefits
- Money & Treat Incentives when weekly goals are met
- Monthly all-company lunches & get-togethers, all-company parties every few months
- Listen to music while working
- Ping Pong in the break area
- Consistent regular business hours (9am-5pm, Mon-Fri), weekends off
- Open communication across departments & with supervisors
- Reviews at 30-days, 90-days, 6-months, 1 year
- Working on a team of diverse (ages, backgrounds, personalities) friendly people